Princess Cruises has released its new 2022 Japan Itineraries including Tokyo, Kobe, Okinawa and Hokkaido which will be on sale from December 16.
The 35 Japan voyages will be sailing in the northern summer of 2022. Departing from May through to September, the cruises will feature 31 destinations, four countries and 10 UNESCO World Heritage Sites and range from five to 19 days.
Sailings will take place on Japan built Diamond Princess to best offer a cruise experience connected to the local Japanese culture.
Guests will dine on authentic cuisine at Kai Sushi, soak in a traditional Izumi bath – the largest Japanese bath at sea – and enjoy folkloric shows and regional entertainment.
The ship will also feature the cruise line’s exclusive Princess MedallionClass Experience so guests enjoy an effortless guest experience, delivering highly personalized service and enabling touchless interactive experiences and entertainment.
Top reasons to experience Japan with Princess include:
- Easy & Accessible: Princess offers English-speaking guides and shore excursions so guests can enjoy all of the stunning sites and local culture, balanced with the comforts of home when they return each night to their cruise ship. Diamond Princess guests enjoy the best of both worlds from regional dishes to comfort food.
- Temples, Shrines & Palaces: Guests delight in the abundance of stunning UNESCO World Heritage Sites featuring temples and shrines, such as the historic monuments of ancient Kyoto, Buddhist monuments of the Horyu-ji area and the Hiroshima Peace Memorial.
- Festivals: With nine opportunities to visit local festivals, guests experience some of Japan’s world-famous festivals such as Kyoto Gion Festival featuring massive, hand-crafted “Yama” and “Hoko” floats that are constructed every year without the use of nails, or watch a display of 10,000 fireworks during the Kumano Fireworks Festival. Other featured festivals include Osaka Tenjin Festival, Aomori Nebuta Festival, Akita Kanto Festival, Kochi Yosakoi Dance Festival and Tokushima Awa Dance Festival.
- Vibrant Cities: It’s easy to soak up the cultures of the cities where the 21st century coexists with the spirit of ancient Japan. In Tokyo, guests enjoy shopping in the Ginza district and exploring the Imperial Palace plaza. The 2022 season features the maiden port call to Hitachinaka, for access to the shrines and temples of Nikko. Ten ports offer More Ashore late-night stays including Akita, Aomori, Kochi, Osaka and Tokushima on Summer Festival dates.
- Natural Wonders, Gardens & Onsens: Serenity abounds in Kanazawa’s Kenrokuen Garden, one of Japan’s Three Great Gardens. Guests can also choose to experience a traditional tea ceremony while overlooking Mt. Fuji or enjoy the relaxing atmosphere and health benefits of an “onsen” (hot spring bath).
Princess past guests are eligible for a special promotion when they book early. The special promotion consists of a Captain’s Circle launch discount of up to $200 per person. Offer expires April 30, 2021.