Cruise line Seabourn is going into the airline business, offering clients the chance to fly in private jets with free champaign and caviar. Seabourn Private Air is a chartered private jet service for passengers to fly to and from called ports. Passengers are also available for overland options mid-voyage. Bookings opened in August.
Seabourn Private Air is designed for guests who prefer luxury private jet transport, and can cater for 5-8 passengers, mid-size jets carry 7-8 passengers and large jets carry 9-16 passengers.
“Time is an incredible luxury and as an ultra-luxury travel operator for three decades, we are always seeking new ways to enhance our guest experience. Seabourn Private Air will provide a world of comforts and conveniences for Seabourn guests en route to or from their cruise of a lifetime,” said Chris Austin, Seabourn’s senior vice president of Global Marketing & Sales.
Unlike various jet card or fractional options spread out on the market today, Seabourn Private Air provides the guest up front and comprehensive pricing for the private jet package, similarly to Seabourn cruises where all of the meals are complementary with the trip, along with the free selection of wines and spirits. Guests must pay for the aircraft rather than their seat, therefore the price per person decreases, the more passengers that are on board. The fee for the Private Air adds to the cost of the cruise.
Services of the comprehensive Seabourn Private Air package include:
- Access to thousands of different airports at all sizes that provide private aviation.
- Free WiFi.
- Private luggage service.
- Seabourn standard catering.
- Seabourn brand food & beverages every flight, including Regiis Ova caviar, K+M chocolates, Montaudon champagne, and a range of complimentary spirits.
- Amenities by Seabourn’s fragrance partner, Molton Brown.
- Complimentary transfers to and from the nearest airport to home and flights to Seabourn’s cruise port.
- Cabin attendants on requested flights.
- Next port protection 1000 miles from original destination.
Guests who cruise via Seabourn will receive a variety of offerings and programs while at sea. Those include partnerships with a specific group of companies and individuals who are dedicated and willing to meet the standards of Seabourn.