Seabourn, has revealed a new pre-cruise itinerary for guests to explore western Canada during the upcoming 2019 season in Alaska and British Columbia through the UNESCO Banff National Park & Rocky Mountaineer Seabourn Journeys package.
Guests will see some amazing sites like Canadian Rockies, the UNESCO World Heritage site of Banff National Park and picturesque Lake Louise, including two days on one of the world’s most spectacular rail journeys.
The signature seven-day land program is designed along the lines of other pre- and post-cruise Seabourn Journeys around the globe, offering in-depth experiences of local culture, history and natural wonder with transportation and accommodations at first-rate hotels and restaurants included. This is available in conjunction with select departures for the 2019 Alaska and British Columbia cruises on board Seabourn Sojourn.
“This new Seabourn Journey is a perfect example of how Seabourn heightens cruising with land-based exploration of the stunning scenery and culture of the most beautiful places on the planet, with the rail cars being a perfect complement to the overall luxury travel experience,” said Richard Meadows, president of Seabourn.
“For anyone planning a trip to Alaska and British Columbia in 2019 this will be a relaxing, eye-opening adventure in a stunning region that guests will not want to miss.”
Highlights of the weeklong UNESCO Banff National Park & Rocky Mountaineer Journey include:
- Discover the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Banff and Yoho National Parks. You’ll visit Lake Louise, Takakkaw Falls, Spiral Tunnels in Kicking Horse Pass, and Emerald Lake, the largest of Yoho’s 61 lakes and ponds, surrounded by unique flora.
- Tour the Banff National Parkwhere you can do some shopping on Banff Avenue, visit the Banff Museum, or take a dip in the hot mineral springs.
- Ride the rails into the heart of the Canadian Rockies with two days through scenic canyons, valleys, and the lush coast of British Columbia onboard Rocky Mountaineer.
The UNESCO Banff National Park & Rocky Mountaineer Seabourn Journeys package is available on the following voyages from Vancouver:
- June 7, August 20, 2019: 11-day sailings from Vancouver to Anchorage (Seward)
- July 2 and September 14, 2019: 12-day roundtrip cruises from Vancouver
Seabourn’s 2019 Alaska and British Columbia season will include a series of 11-, 12- and 14-day voyages between June and October 2019.
All 2019 voyages in Alaska and British Columbia will offer Ventures by Seabourn which are optional shore excursions that include guided Zodiac cruising and kayak excursions.
The excursions will be led by Seabourn Sojourn’s expedition team of naturalists, science, wildlife, and historical experts who will be available to interact with and inform guests in many ways throughout each sailing.
In addition to the new UNESCO Banff National Park & Rocky Mountaineer package, Seabourn also offers an additional Seabourn Journey to explore Alaska more in-depth with the Denali Experience, which is available before or after select Seabourn Alaska voyages. The five-day Denali Experience is a fully escorted, custom-designed land adventure promising awe-inspiring wonder with luxury accommodations and culinary options.
Find out how to pick the best cabin in Cruise Passenger’s world-first Video Cruise Guide
We’ve made choosing your next cruise easy with a guide that cuts through the complications and tells you what lines are offering, where they can take you and what’s on board.