Luxury line Regent Seven Seas will debut five new theatre performances on Seven Seas Splendor when the ship launches in February 2020.
The line has also revealed details of the four entertainment lounges on board.
The sister ship to the Seven Seas Explorer, will be presenting theatre performances created by Regent’s team of Broadway choreographers and directors.
It includes a duelling battle between rock and country musical genres, a story of adventure and romance, as well as a thriller filled with intrigue and more.
“These captivating theatrical performances on Seven Seas Splendor are unrivaled in luxury ocean cruising,” said Jason Montague, president and chief executive officer of Regent Seven Seas Cruises.
“They were created and produced by our team of Broadway choreographers and directors. We recruited some of the finest, most talented musicians and performers to deliver unforgettable and engaging productions for our valued guests.”
Theatrical performances are staged nightly in Seven Seas Splendor’s two-deck high, modern Constellation Theater. The Theater’s upper-deck is also an enhanced version of the vessel’s sister ship. It features glass panels circling the upper-deck and fewer upper-level seats on Seven Seas Splendor ensuring clear sightlines for guests.
The musical productions awaiting guests on Seven Seas Splendor’s inaugural season include:
- Bohemian Soul follows a group of bold travellers who follow the sun, collecting a rich array of music, dance, and cultural styles along their journey. As the travellers raise their tents in Paris, the city’s young mayor finds himself drawn to a mysterious Bohemian girl and the call of the open road. Bohemian Soulhighlights an eclectic array of music and world dance styles that invite audiences on the adventurous trek.
- Diamond Run, featuring an international man of mystery who criss-crosses the globe in pursuit of a priceless blue diamond — and the beautiful jewel thief who wants it for herself. This heart-pounding spy thriller features songs by Madonna, Tina Turner, Duran Duran, Shirley Bassey and more.
- Crossroads, halfway between Nashville and Los Angeles lies the “Crossroads Warehouse,” the site of a decades-long battle between diehard country and rock fans. This conflict is about the music as these two groups battle through the best rock and country hits.
- Boogie Wonderland, New York’s most popular radio station celebrates Disco Day! The DJ announces an extravagant one-night-only disco party and fashion contest in New York’s hottest nightclub. As four friends work their way through the city dancing and singing the most popular disco songs, Boogie Wonderland is their story.
- Divos & Divas, celebrating the best male and female vocalists of the last seven decades, presented by the Regent Production Cast and Regent Signature Orchestra. The evening features a line-up of favourite songs from the repertoires of some of the greatest singers of all time.
The line has also revealed new details of their four entertainment lounges on board: Splendor Lounge, Observation Lounge, Meridian Lounge and the Casino.
In the evening, these venues will feature resident musicians and entertainers, dancing, karaoke singing, games and more.
Seven Seas Splendor will sail her inaugural 14-night transatlantic journey from Barcelona to Miami on February 6, 2020.
Subscribe to Cruise Passenger magazine and win a luggage set worth $1,378
Save up to $31.40 when you subscribe to Cruise Passenger magazine and go into the draw to win a Samsonite Cosmolite 3 luggage set worth $1,378.