A fourth passenger from the quarantined Diamond Princess has died, Japanese officials confirmed on Tuesday.
The fourth passenger was a man in his 80s, just like the three other previously reported deaths.
The third passenger died of pneumonia and it was not confirmed that he had coronavirus but had been treated in the hospital after disembarking from the cruise ship.
Two other coronavirus-infected passengers from the Diamond Princess have died last week.
The two passengers are an 87-year-old man and an 84-year-old woman, both are Japanese, NHK reported.
They were taken to hospitals on February 11 and 12, and both had underlying health issues, the broadcaster said.
There were 76 more coronavirus cases confirmed on Wednesday night, bringing the total to 621.
Japan’s health ministry says 443 passengers disembarked on Wednesday, 90 per cent were Japanese. There are 500 more people expected to disembark today.
Tests are still being conducted on all remaining 3,100 people on the ship. The results are expected to be returned in the next few days and passengers will be able to disembark if they test negative for the virus.
The news came as Jan Swartz, President of Princess Cruises was in Japan this week to greet medically cleared guests as they disembark Diamond Princess.
Evacuated Australian passengers from the Diamond Princess have also arrived in Darwin. Read our report here.