Norwegian Cruise Line said it will be sending the Norwegian Spirit back to Australia and New Zealand waters from December 2023 as part of its 2024 deployment.
The Norwegian Spirit, fresh from a USD$100 million refurbishment, will offer eight 12-day sailings between Sydney and Auckland.
NCL’s 2024 deployment offers guests more itineraries than ever and they unveiled 35 departure ports including brand-new homeports in Haifa, Israel and La Romana, Dominican Republic.
The program also includes cruises within Northern Europe, The Mediterranean, Alaska and the Caribbean through to October 2024, while Hawaii inter-island seven-day voyages are open up to December 2025.
European highlights include a unique festive season sailing to Italy, Spain and Croatia departing December 2023 on Norwegian Epic; an 11-day Grand Mediterranean sailing on Norwegian Escape which includes a midnight departure from Ibiza; and a late-night departure from Santorini on Norwegian Pearl’s 7-day roundtrip voyage from Trieste, allowing guests time to soak up the ethereal beauty of the island’s famed sunsets first-hand.
“We are proud to be able to provide our guests with an even greater selection of sailings and the best value at sea to help them plan an unforgettable cruise vacation,” said Harry Sommer, president and chief executive officer of Norwegian Cruise Line.
“So many travelers have been looking to make up for lost time and now we’re providing them with unique itineraries to check off those bucket-list destinations they may have longed for over the last year and a half. These port-rich itineraries allow our guests more time to explore unique destinations like a local and indulge in the cultural experiences around them.”
- Norwegian Epic will make her debut in Haifa, Israel’s largest international seaport, in November 2022. The vessel will offer 11-and-12-day Mediterranean open-jaw sailings to and from Haifa, Israel and Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy starting 8 November 2023 through 12 December 2023. The ship will call to beautiful destinations such as Livorno (Florence) and Naples, Italy; Kusadasi and Istanbul, Turkey; Piraeus (Athens), Patmos, and Rhodes, Greece; and Limassol, Cyprus.
- Norwegian Sky will be the first to sail a series of port-rich 7-day roundtrip Southern Caribbean cruises from La Romana, Dominican Republic with a port-of-call each day from 8 January 2024 through 22 April 2024, making NCL the only major cruise company sailing Southern Caribbean voyages with no sea days.
AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND
- Norwegian Spirit will return to Australian and New Zealand waters, offering immersive 12-day itineraries that explore exquisite natural beauty and cosmopolitan cities. With departures from both Sydney and Auckland, these open-jaw voyages allow guests plenty of time in port to explore their own backyard in-depth. Highlights include the Art Deco capital of the world, Napier, as well as a scenic cruise through New Zealand’s famous Sounds.
- On 22 April 2024 and 25 September 2024, Norwegian Spirit will once again offer her “Fire and Ice” voyages – an open-jaw itinerary sailing to and from Honolulu and Vancouver, visiting the tropical islands of Hawaii and beautiful towns of Alaska Guests will discover paradise as they overnight in Nawiliwili (Kauai), and island hop to Kahului (Maui), and Hilo, Hawaii and then sail towards the Last Frontier where the vessel will cruise through striking glaciers towards the Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve, a United Nations World Heritage Site, followed by calls to Juneau, Icy Strait Point, Skagway and Ketchikan, Alaska. For those looking to be the first to experience this once-in-a-lifetime itinerary, the debut “Fire and Ice” sailing will take place 12 June 2022, followed by a second sailing on 3 October 2022.
GREEK ISLES AND MEDITERRANEAN
- Norwegian Epic will make her debut in Trieste (Venice), Italy and Koper, Slovenia during her 14-day Grand Mediterranean holiday sailing on 22 December 2023 – inviting guests to experience Europe in a unique way, during the cooler festive season. The itinerary will offer zero sea days and overnight visits in Dubrovnik, Croatia on Christmas Eve, as well as Barcelona and Palma Mallorca, Spain to celebrate the new year.
- Norwegian Getaway will offer one 9-day roundtrip sailing from Copenhagen on 13 May 2024 where guests have the chance to visit seven different countries in Northern Europe in nine days: Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Netherlands, Norway, and the United Kingdom.
CANADA & NEW ENGLAND
- From 2 September through 25 September 2024 Norwegian Joy will offer 7-and-8-day open jaw sailings from New York City and Quebec City, one of the top-rated ports by our guests sailing Canada and New England itineraries. Travellers can plan an extended stay in each city pre-and-post cruise to further enjoy the destinations.