Viking has announced its new 2022-2023 world cruise departing from Fort Lauderdale in December 2022 is now on sale and it is selling fast.
The new 2022-2023 Viking World Cruise, will span 138 days, 28 countries and 58 ports, with overnight stays in 11 cities.
Similar to the recently announced and sold out Viking 2021/world cruise, the two itineraries are in high demand.
Cruising couple Roger Foenander, and David Mutton have already snapped up their place on board the world cruise saying it is like one big happy family.
“Having sailed with Viking on two and a half world cruises already, we are more than happy to repeat some of the previous land destinations on our next world cruise. The biggest attraction for us is not the wonderful destinations, but the life on board the ship,” they said.
The cruise will depart on December 22, 2022 from Fort Lauderdale, on Viking’s newest ocean vessel, Viking Neptune, which will join the Viking fleet of 930-guest ocean ships in late 2022.
Viking World Cruise guests will begin their voyage in Florida and sail to Central America, before transiting the Panama Canal and sailing up the West Coast of North America.
A shorter, 121-day cruise is also available, allowing guests to join Viking Neptune in Los Angeles and cross the Pacific Ocean to visit Hawaii, Australia and New Zealand, before sailing to Asia and the Middle East. Finally, the ship will journey through the Mediterranean and conclude the voyage in London.
“We are pleased to offer this new opportunity for explorers to circumnavigate the world in comfort,” said Torstein Hagen, Chairman of Viking. “World Cruises are truly special voyages, and they continue to be one of our most sought-after offerings. Our 2021-2022 World Cruise has already sold out more than a year in advance, which speaks to the enthusiasm of our guests as they look forward to the return of international travel.”
2022-2023 Viking World Cruise Highlights:
- Kauai (Nawiliwili), Hawaii: The Garden Island – Explore the lush vegetation of tropical Kauai, nicknamed Hawaii’s “Garden Island.” Guests can embark on a scenic drive to Wailua, known as the “Land of the Kings,” to admire stunning nature including the 150-foot high ʻŌpaekaʻa Falls, visit Nawilliwilli’s Old Town and enjoy a walk along the beach, or peruse the shops of nearby Anchor Cove.
- Sydney, Australia: Iconic Harbour – Experience Sydney’s magnificent harbour, the world’s largest, and enjoy an overnight stay allowing ample time to explore this culture-rich city, from its world-class opera house to the natural wonders of the nearby Blue Mountains.
- Singapore, Singapore: A Melting Pot of Cultures – Witness the remarkable cultural diversity of Singapore during an overnight stay. Take a tour of the city’s eclectic neighborhoods, from Little India to Arab Street, visit the futuristic horticultural park showcasing more than one million plants, or enjoy a Night Safari at the world’s first nocturnal wildlife park.
- Mumbai, India: A City of Old and New – While in port in the bustling metropolis of Mumbai, guests can learn about the life and legacy of activist Mahatma Gandhi, enjoy the Hanging Gardens, one of the prized few parks found in the city, and explore the diversity of its neighborhoods, from the picturesque narrow streets of Old Mumbai to the colorful markets in the city’s center.
- Istanbul, Turkey: Where East Meets West – Guests will enjoy ample time to experience this historic city during an overnight stay. Straddled across two continents and the Bosporus Strait, Istanbul offers a wealth of religious sites to explore such as the spectacular Blue Mosque or the legendary Hagia Sophia, and boasts delicious fusion cuisine, combining fresh Mediterranean fare with spices from the Far East and Asia.
- London (Greenwich), England: The Royal Borough – The journey concludes in the historic Royal Borough of Greenwich, London on the Thames River, allowing easy access to the regal capital’s iconic sights, including the Tower of London, Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace and St. Paul’s Cathedral.
The 11 overnight stays on the 2022/23 World Cruise are: Auckland, Sydney, Bali, Ho Chi Minh, Singapore, Yangon, Columbo, Mumbai, Haifa, Istanbul and London.
Settle in for a luxury voyage as you sail from Sydney to Singapore on board Cunard’s elegant Queen Elizabeth.
Free flight and hotel stay
In Sydney, you’ll embark the exquisite Queen Elizabeth. Stunning accommodation and the most exceptional fine dining you’ll ever experience at sea are just some of this ship’s glamorous delights. Settle into your luxury surroundings as you set sail for Singapore, discovering a wealth of captivating destinations along the way.