Pining for a cruise holiday? This just might be the answer – a river cruise and a tour of South Australia’s premium wine regions.
And you even get to explore Adelaide’s oldest Germany settlement, the town of Hahndoff, with charming boutiques and European architecture.
There are even several restaurants serving German cuisine as well as a Bavarian-themed inn, all washed down with the Barossa’s finest.
Close your eyes and you could be in Europe.
Your adventure begins in Adelaide, nicknamed the City of Churches and often listed as one of the most liveable cities in the world. A full day tour will take you to South Australia’s premium wine region where you’ll soak up the breathtaking sights of sprawling vineyards and sample some of the Valley’s finest wines.
Then, experience the wildlife wonders of Kangaroo Island, one of Australia’s National Landscapes, home to a plethora of nature-based activities. During a two day tour of this magnificent island, you’ll enjoy encounters with koalas, majestic birds of prey and the animals after which the island is named.
You’ll also get to experience some of the glorious landscapes this region has to offer, from the rugged coastline of Pennington Bay and blankets of mesmerising lavender fields to the vineyards of award-winning Dudley Wines.
Then comes the grand finale: you’ll embark the paddle wheeler PS Murray Princess, for your unforgettable cruise along the beautiful historic Murray River, the longest in the country and fourth longest in the world.
This magnificent waterway stretches from the Snowy Mountains in New South Wales, along the Victorian border and into South Australia, where it runs into Lake Alexandrina, named after the princess who later became Queen Victoria.
With all the character and charm of yesteryear, the PS Murray Princess is the largest inland paddle wheeler in the southern hemisphere.
Built specifically for the Murray River, this enchanting vessel offers a true authentic experience for anyone who cruises with her. Guests can expect a taste of a bygone era, with the grandeur and convenience of modern-day cruising.
Sail the serene waters between Walker Flat and Murray Bridge as you drink in the spectacular river lands, admiring the views of the ever-changing flora and fauna.
Highlights of your three night adventure include close encounters with river birdlife on board the ‘Dragon-Fly’ boat, seeing astounding landscapes during a nature walk around Salt Bush Flat, and savouring fantastic flavours of this famous region.
Prices start from $2,499 per person – and if you book before Friday July 24, Cruise Passenger readers can save $500 per couple.
All flights, taxes & transfers
13 meals included
- 3 night Murray River cruise on board PS Murray Princess with all meals and sightseeing
- Tour of Murray River Bridge and historic Roundhouse
- Take a guided nature walk at Salt Bush Flat
- Taste Riverland food and wine
- Dragon-fly flat-bottomed boat wildlife tour
- 3 night four-star hotel stay in Adelaide with breakfast
- 1 night four-star hotel stay in Kangaroo Island with breakfast and lunch
Fully Escorted Tours
- Full day Barossa Valley and Hahndorf tour with lunch and wine tastings
- 2 Day Kangaroo Island Tour including;
- Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery
- Seal Bay Conservation Park guided beach walk
- In-Flight Birds of Prey Display at Raptor Domain
- Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park
- Lunch at Emu Bay Lavender Farm
- Wine tasting at Dudley Wines Clifftop Cellar Door
At a glance
Vote in this year’s special Readers’ Choice Awards
No doubt 2020 will go down in cruise history as the year of the pandemic – a once in a generation event. And this year’s Cruise Passenger Readers’ Choice Awards will reflect it.