Norwegian Cruise Line announced multi-million dollar refurbishments under the Norwegian Edge program investing $400 million in upgrades across the fleet’s nine ships.
The refurbishment plans were laid in 2015 with Norwegian Epic’s makeover of restaurants and lounges, extending into Pride of America and Norwegian Sun in spring 2016, Norwegian Dawn in summer 2016 and Norwegian Spirit, Norwegian Sky and Norwegian Pearl in winter 2017 and Norwegian Jade in spring 2017.
The Norwegian Edge program promises to set a benchmark in cruising excellence that covers guest experience, ship hardware, culinary enhancements and exclusive private destination developments.
Announcing further updates on the refurbishment plans, Andy Stuart, Norwegian Cruise Line President and Chief Operating Officer said, “Norwegian has a long history of investing in its fleet to offer guests the latest and greatest innovations, but the investment to raise our ships to The Norwegian Edge™ standard of excellence takes it to new levels.”
New food features in 2016 aboard NCL ships
- Enjoy upgraded complimentary dining room menus, additional à la carte priced items in the main dining rooms.
- The new dining menus feature an array of appetizers, soups and salads, featured entrees, desserts carefully developed by Norwegian’s culinary team.
- Expect popular traditional dishes like prime rib, chateaubriand, rack of lamb and escargot.
- More seafood selections such as fresh grouper, along with contemporary dishes like shrimp ceviche, seared Atlantic scallops with fennel puree, and braised beef short ribs.
- Specialty dining menus at signature restaurants like Cagney’s Steakhouse, Le Bistro and La Cucina – along with new offerings at Moderno Churrascaria and Teppanyaki.Love Norwegian Cruise Line? Write a Rate Your Ship review for us and you could win champagne
Settle in for a luxury voyage as you sail from Sydney to Singapore on board Cunard’s elegant Queen Elizabeth.
Free flight and hotel stay
In Sydney, you’ll embark the exquisite Queen Elizabeth. Stunning accommodation and the most exceptional fine dining you’ll ever experience at sea are just some of this ship’s glamorous delights. Settle into your luxury surroundings as you set sail for Singapore, discovering a wealth of captivating destinations along the way.