If money is no object and you love Italian haute couture, British aristocracy and Siena’s famed horse racing, this is the holiday made-in-heaven.
Hosted by two well-travelled gentlemen, Abercrombie & Kent founder Geoffrey Kent and the 11th Duke of Roxburghe, Charles Innes-Ker with an estimated wealth of Stg100 million, you will discover Italy’s rich cultural tapestry culminating in the world-famous Palio di Siena horse race in August 2024.
Price: $262,000pp for an 11-day Italian adventure of a lifetime.
Travellers will delve into the heart of Italy’s infectious charm and history as they embark on a once-in-a-lifetime journey from Verona to Tuscany, Capri and Pompeii.
What you will see
They will immerse in the enchanting city of Verona, renowned for Shakespeare’s tragic love story of Romeo and Juliet.
In Capri and the Amalfi Coast, holiday makers will be ferried in a private yacht to experience the Blue Grotto, have a seaside lunch at Conca del Sogno, a beach club restaurant in the village of Nerano before disembarking to stroll around in Amalfi and Positano.
Other culinary marvels include dinner at a Michelin-starred restaurant Oseleta with chef Marco Marras; a cooking lesson with Nonna Antonia known for her authentic Veneto cuisine and a private Three Tenors-themed performance in Verona.
Where you will stay
Holiday makers will stay in hand-picked opulent accommodation such as the beautiful estate of Villa Cordevigo and Tuscany’s Villa Cetinale.
In Capri, they will spend three nights at Caesar Augustus, an ancient private villa not turned into an exquisite hotel perched in the island’s rocky outcrop.
With Kent and the Duke of Roxburghe sharing their personal stories and adventures, this holiday will be a unique travel experience.
“Italy and the Palio is a journey close to my heart,” said Mr Kent. “Palio di Siena is a once-in-a-lifetime experience … giving guests the opportunity to witness Palio’s excitement and history in a way that very few ever have.”
Highlights of the adventure include:
- Verona & The Italian Lakes: The journey embarks with a cultural immersion in the enchanting city of Verona, famous as the setting for Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet. Travellers will explore the city’s romantic ambiance and partake in a private visit to the iconic Capulet family residence, complete with the legendary balcony where Romeo famously declared his love for Juliet. This exclusive experience also includes an exploration of the Castelvecchio Museum, a 14th-century castle steeped in history.
- A Taste of the Tuscan Countryside:Travel to the charming region of Tuscany to visit the picturesque town of Montalcino and enjoy wine tastings at a family-run wine estate.
- Siena’s Palio: The tour’s centerpiece is the Palio di Siena, an exhilarating horse race that has captured the world’s imagination for centuries. With Geoffrey Kent and the Duke of Roxburghe as the hosts, guests will gain exclusive access to this iconic event, with premium seats and behind-the-scenes insights.
- Capri & The Amalfi Coast by Private Yacht: Explore Capri from the water on a private yacht, with stops at Marina Piccola, the enchanting Blue Grotto, and a seaside lunch at Conca del Sogno. Then, admire the scenic villages of the Amalfi Coast and disembark for leisurely walks in towns like Amalfi and Positano.
- Pompeii: Explore fascinating Pompeii with an expert archaeologist and board a helicopter for a flightseeing trip over the site.
For more information visit www.abercrombiekent.com.au