Experience some of the world’s most beautiful landscapes and the wonder of the Northern Lights on this 18-day adventure.
Hurtigruten’s Follow The Lights Escorted journey is an 18-day adventure through Norway, Finland and Estonia and includes the famous Flåm Railway from Oslo to Bergen, the Hurtigruten northbound Original Coastal Voyage from Bergen to Kirkenes and a land tour through Finnish Lapland to Helsinki and medieval Tallinn in Estonia.
Visit charming hamlets, sail through picturesque fjords and see the magnificent Northern Lights on this journey into the heart of Norway. On arrival into the sleepy town of Kirkenes in Norway’s far north, head south into Finnish Lapland where you’ll see the night sky from inside your glass igloo. Then discover Finnish Lakeland, where you’ll stay in beautiful log accommodation. Take in Helsinki, Finland’s capital, and experience a day trip to medieval Tallinn in Estonia.
‘Follow The Lights’ and the Northern Lights Promise
Hurtigruten offers a Northern Lights Promise for guests travelling on the Follow The Lights itinerary. It’s our guarantee to you, that if you don’t see the lights on your journey during Northern Lights season, we’ll offer a free six- or seven-day classic voyage free of charge. (*T&Cs apply. Click here to see the Northern Lights Promise T&Cs.)
Highlights and Inclusions
- English speaking guide from start to finish
- Unique to Hurtigruten, the Northern Lights Promise.*
- Norway in a Nutshell, Flåm Railway journey. A two-day rail, ferry and coach tour from Oslo to Bergen via the historic Flåm Railway with its spectacular fjord views, and through the Nærøyfjord and Voss to Bergen.
- Northbound Original Coastal Voyage from Bergen to Kirkenes, crossing the Arctic Circle, with opportunities to witness the extraordinary Northern Lights.
- City tours of Oslo, Bergen, Helsinki & Tallinn
- Reindeer Farm visit (sled ride, depending on weather)
- Husky Farm visit (sled ride, depending on weather)
- Santa Claus Village visit
- Siida museum visit
- 4 star accommodation standard
- 11 nights’ hotel accommodation (1 night in glass igloo) & 6 nights’ cruise accommodation in a cabin category of your choice