Discover the treasures of South Australia before you embark on an unforgettable cruise along the marvellous Murray River.
Your adventure begins in Adelaide, nicknamed the City of Churches and regarded as one of the most liveable cities in the world. A full day tour will take you to South Australia’s premium wine region where you’ll sample some of the Barossa Valley’s finest wines.
Following your stay, you’ll embark on a ferry journey to Kangaroo Island, known locally as Karta –Island of the Dead. It is also Australia’s third largest island and home to a plethora of nature-based activities and wildlife. During a two day tour of this charming island, you will be able to feed kangaroos and be thrilled by your up-close-and-personal encounters with koalas, baby fur seals lazing in the sunshine, sea lions and the majestic birds of prey. You’ll also get to experience some of the breathtaking landscapes from the rugged coastline of Pennington Bay to the Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch.
Next, you’ll embark the paddlewheeler PS Murray Princess, for your unforgettable, genteel cruise along the beautiful historic Murray River. Wind through the serene waters between Walker Flat and Murray Bridge as you drink in the spectacular riverlands, admiring the views of the ever-changing flora and fauna. Highlights of your three night adventure include watching river birdlife on board the ‘Dragon-Fly’ boat, marvelling at the astounding landscapes during a nature walk and savouring fantastic flavours of this famous region.
Imagine Holidays has crafted a beautiful, eight-day fly, tour and river cruise holiday with fully escorted excursions in Adelaide and Kangaroo Island departing between February and November 2022 with prices starting from $2199^ per person. And you can save up to $400 per couple. But hurry the offer ends on 21 December. To book call Imagine Holidays on (02) 8313 5965 or click here for details.
Your holiday package includes:
* All flights, taxes & transfers
* Three night Murray River cruise on board PS Murray Princess
* Tour of Murray Bridge and historic Roundhouse
* Guided nature walk of Salt Bush Salt
* Taste Riverland food and wine
* Dragon-fly flat bottomed boat wildlife tour
* Three night four-star hotel stay in Adelaide with breakfast
* One night four-star hotel stay in Kangaroo Island with breakfast, lunch and dinner
* Fully escorted Barossa Valley tour with lunch and wine tastings
* Two day Kangaroo Island tour includes:
* Seal Bay Conservation Park guided beach walk
* In-flight Birds of Prey display at Raptor Domain
* Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park
* Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Oil distillery tour with lunch
* Flinders Chase National Park
To book, call Imagine Holidays at (02) 8313 5965 or click here for more details.
^Price and itinerary is based on 21 February 2022 departure.