This is your chance to experience three unique destinations in one holiday. You can take in the wonders of South Australia starting with the City of Churches; Kangaroo Island and an unforgettable, three-night cruise on the Murray River for $357 a night per person including flights and 13 meals.
Imagine Holidays has crafted an eight-day adventure, departures from April to November 2022 with prices starting from $2499* per person. Final cabins sailing in 2022 so hurry and book now!
To book, call Imagine Holidays at (02) 8313 5965 or click here for more details.
Here is what your holiday package includes:
- All flights, taxes and transfers
- 13 meals
- Three-night Murray River cruise onboard PS Murray Princess with all meals and sightseeing
- Tour of Murray River Bridge and historic Roundhouse
- Guided nature walk of Salt Bush Flat
- Taste Riverland food and wine
- Dragon-fly flat bottomed boat wildlife tour
- Three-night, four-star hotel stay in Adelaide with breakfast
- One night, four-star hotel stay in Kangaroo Island with breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Full-day Barossa Valley tour with lunch and wine tastings
- Two day Kangaroo Island tour including:
- Seal Bay Conservation Park guided beach walk
- In-flight Birds of Prey Display at Raptor Domain
- Kangaroo Island Wildlife Park
- Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Oil Distillery tour with lunch
- Flinders Chase National Park.
Your holiday kicks off at Adelaide, South Australia’s eclectic capital city with a diverse, cultural hub hosting international arts festival to fringe and film festivals.
With 29 large public parks, Adelaide regularly ranks among the world’s most liveable cities. Explore the Anglican Holy Trinity Church and the city’s collection of Aboriginal, colonial and Melanesian art at the South Australian Museum. Make sure you visit the historic Adelaide Central Market for the city’s best cheeses and food produce.
You will tour SA’s premium wine region and sample some of Barossa’s finest wines at Jacob’s Creek vineyard. Go on a walking tour to Mengler Hill Lookout for some of the best views of the sprawling vineyards.
Next up, you will be taken by ferry to Kangaroo Island, Australia’s third largest island boasting soaring cliffs, dense bushland and towering sand dunes. Over a third of the island is protected nature reserves and home to an abundance of the country’s wildlife such as sea lions, koalas, birds, echidnas, wallabies and kangaroos, of course.
You will go on an escorted tour to the Emu Ridge Eucalyptus Distillery and the Seal Bay Conservation Park.
You will also be taken to explore Flinders Chase National Park the next day and go for walks around the Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch. Stop by Clifford’s Honey Farm for some of the best homemade honey ice cream.
After a leisurely morning, you will be taken to Mannum Wharf where you will board the PS Murray Princess for a gentle cruise on the Murray River. As you head downstream you will be able to spot nocturnal wildlife grazing on the river banks before mooring at Mundurra.
In the morning, you will be taken on a guided tour of Murray Bridge and the historic Roundhouse before continuing your river journey to moor at Salt Bush Flat.
The next day you will go on a guided nature walk around the Salt Bush Flat, winding through the maze of river to enjoy majestic views of river birdlife such as darters, herons and egrets. There will be a Captain’s dinner and dance on your final night on board the PS Murray Princess before you fly home the next day.
To book, call Imagine Holidays at (02) 8313 5965 or click here for details.
*Price based on 26 May 2022 departure. Four-night Murray River cruise also available.