Seabourn reveals the 2020 line-up of distinguished speakers for the Seabourn Conversations program, including returning speakers like Sir Tim Rice, Alison Wright and Bryan Fogel.
The program is designed to enlighten, inform and entertain guests, the complementary onboard enrichment program hosts guest speakers and personalities from a variety of fields including entertainment, adventure, government, journalism, and the arts, says the line.
And in 2020, the line has invited both first time and notable returning speakers to come on board.
“We are always thrilled to bring such accomplished experts and engaging personalities to enlighten our guests through Seabourn Conversations,” said Chris Austin, Seabourn’s senior vice president of Global Marketing & Sales.
“Our guests have interesting backgrounds themselves and they truly enjoy hearing about and learning diverse insights, stories and perspectives on a variety of global topics from speakers all over the world.”
Sir Tim Rice, English author and lyricist who has won awards at the Oscars, Golden Globes, Tonys and Grammys comes on board Seabourn Odyssey on April 8.
Academy award winning film director, Bryan Fogel comes on board Seabourn Sojourn on March 12 to 22. Documentary photographer Alison Wright joins the ship later on May 7 to 20.
Other speakers include creative producer of programs on architecture, ecology, culture and spirituality to promote ecological design thinking, Sarri Tapales, veteran British Diplomat Sir Alan Collins and American music critic Ted Libbey.
See below for detailed lineup of the 2020 Seabourn Conversations program:
- Bryan Fogel (Seabourn Sojourn, March 12-22, 2020) – An Academy-Award winning American film director, producer, author and playwright, Fogel is best known for his 2017 documentary Icarus, which took home the 2018 Oscar for “Best Documentary Feature”.
- Sarri Tapales (Seabourn Sojourn, March 30 – April 6, 2020) – The creative producer and director of ARTKITEKTURA, a Festival of Architecture and the Arts in the Philippines, Tapales produces programs on architecture, ecology, culture and spirituality to promote ecological design thinking and invite a lively exchange of ideas across sectors.
- Sir Tim Rice (Seabourn Odyssey, April 8, 2020 voyage) – English author and lyricist Rice’s talent has earned him awards at the Oscars, Golden Globes, Tonys and Grammys. Knighted by Queen Elizabeth II in 1994, he is perhaps most renowned for his collaborations with Andrew Lloyd Webber on Jesus Christ Superstar, Evita and more. His production show, An Evening With Tim Rice, is currently playing fleetwide on all Seabourn ships.
- Sir Alan Collins (Seabourn Encore, May 5, 2020 voyage) – A veteran of high-ranking posts in the British Diplomatic Service, Collins has represented Britain all over the world in various capacities, including as Director-General, Trade & Investment USA; Ambassador to the Philippines; Deputy Ambassador to Ethiopia; and High Commissioner to Singapore, where he organized the 2006 State Visit by Her Majesty the Queen.
- Alison Wright (Seabourn Sojourn, May 7-20, 2020, Suva to Honolulu) – Award-winning documentary photographer Wright has traveled far and wide photographing endangered cultures and people while covering issues concerning the human condition. A contributor to National Geographic, she has published 10 books including her best-selling memoir, Learning to Breathe: One Woman’s Journey of Spirit and Survival.
- Ted Libbey (May 20-28, 2020 Honolulu to San Francisco) – One of America’s most highly regarded music critics, Libbey spent 15 years as a commentator on NPR’s “Performance Today”. He has been Director of Media Arts at the National Endowment for the Arts; a music critic for The New York Times; as well as a regular pre-concert speaker at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, DC.
Vote in this year’s special Readers’ Choice Awards
No doubt 2020 will go down in cruise history as the year of the pandemic – a once in a generation event. And this year’s Cruise Passenger Readers’ Choice Awards will reflect it.