Luxury cruise brand Silversea has revealed its new 2020 itineraries, including the maiden voyages aboard the Silver Moon.
Some of the highlight itineraries that Silversea are offering include more cruises to the Arctic, Far East Russia as well as the Galapagos and the Canary Islands.
The new collection of itineraries will enable guests to to experience destinations further afield.
- There will be 29 voyages aboard four ships in Northern Europe. In Iceland, Silversea will offer more immersive classic and expedition voyages, including a nine-day circumnavigation aboard Silver Wind, departing Reykjavik on June 29, 2020. Extended programs in the British Isles departing from the iconic Tower Bridge is also introduced; while new North Sea Capitals voyage will offer overnights in Oslo, Hamburg, Amsterdam, and London.
Puffin sighting in Iceland. Image Source: Adrian Wlodarczyk.
- In Alaska and the Russian Far East, there will be three Silversea ships sailing on 21 voyages. Like in 2019, the cruise line’s flagship, Silver Muse, will spend a full summer deployed in Alaska in 2020, while Silver Explorer will cruise in the Sea of Okhotsk, one of the least visited areas in the Russian Far East, on an 18-day voyage from June 2020.
- The line will return to the Canary Islands on two voyages (departing 16 April and 25 September, 2020) and Istanbul on two different itineraries (departing 30 May and 2 August, 2020).
- Maiden calls in: El Hierro, Spain; Fishguard, Wales; Nordfjordeid, Norway; Siglufjörður, Iceland; Durres, Albania; Klaksvik, Faroe Islands; and Patreksfjordur, Iceland.
- There will be more polar itineraries, with two ships sailing on 10 voyages and 83 destinations in the Arctic, and 11 itineraries and 26 destinations in Antarctica (including East Antarctica and the Ross Sea).
- New voyages to New Zealand’s sub-Antarctic islands and Australia’s Macquarie Island (all UNESCO World Heritage Sites) will enable guests to view vast colonies of penguins and thousands of seals; visits to Churchill and Hudson Bay in Manitoba, Canada, will take guests to the ‘polar bear capital of the world’ and the home of the world’s largest beluga whale population, respectively; as well as concurrent crossings of the Northwest and Northeast Passages.
- Greater variety in the Mediterranean with five ships and 54 voyages on offer, including a 37-day, 28-port grand voyage and an extended Grand Prix voyage.
- An extended season in the Galápagos Islands.
- More overnights than ever before, will also allow guests to spend longer in their destinations. Every voyage over seven nights in Europe and Canada and New England will benefit from an overnight in strategically selected ports.
The sister ship of Silversea’s flagship, Silver Muse and Silver Moon will have an expanded European cuisine and the new seafood restaurant, Atlantide on the ships.