One of Australia’s favourite cruise lines, Princess Cruises announced it would be rolling out the fabulous Ocean Medallion on three of its Australian ships.
Soon, guests aboard the Golden Princess, the Crown Princess and the Ruby Princess will get to try out the wearable device which will help guests find their way around the ship, make reservations at the Lotus Spa, specialty dining restaurants and for shore excursion, arrange celebrations, learn about the destinations you’re visiting as well as activities at each port.
The Golden Princess and Crown Princess will receive the Ocean Medallion on November 2018 while the Ruby Princess will get the new technology in January 2019.
“With the addition of Golden Princess to the fleet of Medallion Class ships, we will make available a more personalised holiday to guests sailing in and around Australia,” said Jan Schwartz, the president of Princess Cruises and Carnival Australia.
“And, as we continue to enhance our ships with the Ocean Medallion, we do so to further our commitment in providing our guests the most memorable and relaxing holiday.”
Here is the list of initial services innovations that the Ocean Medallion offers its guests.
- Ocean ready: Expedites embarkation as required information is added to the guest profile at home.
- Stateroom access: The Ocean Medallion will unlock a guest’s stateroom door which will replace the key card.
- Here & Now: You can place food and beverage orders and have them delivered to wherever you are around the ship.
- There & Then: You can place select food and beverage orders and have them delivered where you plan to me at a designated time.
- Ocean Navigate: You can learn about the whereabouts of your friends and family on the ship. You can always use the messaging service to keep in contact with everyone.
For more information on Princess Cruises, visit www.princesscruises.com.
Vote in this year’s special Readers’ Choice Awards
No doubt 2020 will go down in cruise history as the year of the pandemic – a once in a generation event. And this year’s Cruise Passenger Readers’ Choice Awards will reflect it.