A password will be e-mailed to you.

An ACT woman, who was on the Ruby Princess is the latest fatality to COVId-19.

She is the fifth passenger to have died after the ship disembarked at Sydney Overseas passenger Terminal on 19 March.

On 30 March, a Tasmanian woman in her 80s died in Burnie. A day later, a Tasmanian man, also in his 80s also died. Both has been passengers onboard the Ruby Princess said the state’s health minister, Sarah Courtney.

The first was a woman in her 70s who died on 24 March after she disembarked the ship, and was transported directly to the hospital.

The new figures came as Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced new travel restriction on those arriving from overseas, including quarantine in hotels across the country for two weeks of self-isolation.

The Prime Minister said: “Two thirds of cases we currently have are from an Australian who has come home from overseas, that is very different to what we’re seeing in rest of the world.”

A tough new compliance regime involving the Australian Defence Forces will also be enforced.

States and territories have confirmed 440 cases of coronavirus from the Ruby Princess cruise.

On Monday, the respective state health authorities revealed there were 211 cases from Ruby Princess in NSW, 71 in South Australia, 70 in Queensland, 43 in Western Australia, 22 in the ACT, 18 in Victoria and two in the Northern Territory.

Tasmania had three confirmed cases as of Tuesday 24 March, but has not provided an update since.

The Ruby Princess docking on March 19 has been mired in controversy since 2,650 passengers were allowed to disembark with no health checks, despite the ship alerting them to 13 sick passengers on board.

The cruise ship followed strict protocols. NSW Health has since admitted it should have stopped the disembarkation, and a blame game between Health Officials and Fedmeral Border Protection officers ensued.

“We are profoundly sorry to learn that a guest who disembarked from Ruby Princess last week has passed away. Our thoughts are with the guest’s family at this difficult time. This sad development underlines the challenges we are all facing as a community in the battle against the impact of COVID-19,” says Princess Cruises.

Last week, NSW Health also said there are 79 cases in NSW linked to Ovation of the Seas which docked in Sydney on March 18, and 30 cases diagnosed in NSW who were on-board the cruise Voyager of the Seas which disembarked on 18 March. And four from Celebrity Solstice.

CRUISE GUIDE

Cruise Passenger magazine

Find out how to pick the best cabin in Cruise Passenger’s world-first Video Cruise Guide

We’ve made choosing your next cruise easy with a guide that cuts through the complications and tells you what lines are offering, where they can take you and what’s on board.

READ THE GUIDE