Viking Expeditions will sail to remote South Georgia Island teeming with amazing wildlife as the line expands its Antarctic itineraries and introduces new South American journeys.
The line will also launch two Longitudinal World Cruises, five grand journeys plus a 19-day Antarctica and South Georgia Island voyage over the next two years.
Kicking off in October next year, Viking will sail the 19-day Antarctica & South Georgia Island itinerary which will follow in the footsteps of great explorers such as Ernest Shackleton and Captain James Cook as they explore the untamed beauty of the White Continent as well as the rugged landscapes of South Georgia – one of the least visited places in the world.
Guests can look forward to kayaking among glaciers and excursions to get up-close-and-personal with king penguins and seals. Prices for the 19-day adventure itinerary start from $27,995 pp – a saving of up to $2000 per couple.
“The introduction of South Georgia Island to our Antarctic program is something our guests have been asking for, so we are excited to provide them with the opportunity to visit this remote island paradise teeming with wildlife. While our Grand Journey expeditions offer guests a new way to explore the best of North and South America’s coastlines,” said Michelle Black, managing director Viking, ANZ.
Besides discovering North America’s wilderness with the impending, inaugural Great Lakes cruise season, Viking’s Grand Journeys will explore the Caribbean, Patagonia, the Chilean Fjords and Antarctica. Guests also have the option to combine these journeys on one ultimate Longitudinal World Cruise.
Highlights of Viking’s New Grand Journeys include:
- 15-day Chilean Fjords & Patagonia Explorer from Buenos Aires to Santiago. Discover the rugged and untamed natural beauty of Patagonia. Admire soaring peaks and towering ice shelves as you navigate the iceberg-crowded channels of the Chilean fjords. Follow your team of onboard experts for an up-close encounter with blue-tinged glaciers and gain insight into Patagonian life in Tortel and Castro. Priced from $15,995 per person in a Nordic Balcony stateroom. Includes savings of up to $2,000 per couple*.
- 18-day Panama & Scenic South America from Ft. Lauderdale to Santiago or v.v. Discover the secrets of ancient civilizations of the Yucatán Peninsula and transit between two oceans through the famous Panama Canal. Immerse yourself in lively Lima and enjoy the charms of Iquique, nested between the Atacama Desert and the Pacific. Priced from $13,995 per person in a Nordic Balcony stateroom. Includes savings of up to $2,000 per couple*.
- 47-day Patagonia to Canada Grand Explorer from Buenos Aires to Toronto. Experience the breadth of the Americas on a memorable voyage from its southern tip to its northern climes. Marvel at soaring peaks, towering ice shelves and blue-tinged glaciers as you navigate the channels of the Chilean fjords. Transit the famous Panama Canal, explore the unspoiled Canadian wilderness along the St. Lawrence Seaway. Priced from $39,990 per person in a Nordic Balcony stateroom. Includes savings of up to $4,000 per couple*.
- 65-day Longitudinal World Cruise I from Ushuaia to Milwaukee. Embark on a grand voyage across the Americas sailing from “the end of the world” to the Great Lakes. Experience epic wildlife encounters and awe-inspiring landscapes of the Antarctic Peninsula. Immerse yourself in nature through the scenic Chilean fjords and hail the wonders of the Panama Canal. Navigate the locks of the Great Lakes and call at iconic towns and cities along the largest freshwater system in the world. Priced from $61,995 per person in a Nordic Balcony stateroom. Includes savings of up to $2,000 per couple*.
- 71-day Longitudinal World Cruise II from Duluth to Ushuaia. Join Viking Polaris on a grand voyage spanning the waterways and oceans of the New World and Antarctica. Admire the natural beauty of the Great Lakes, Canadian Maritimes and the glaciers and fjords of Chile. Transit engineering marvels such as the Soo Locks, St. Lawrence Seaway and Panama Canal. Priced from $68,995 per person in a Nordic Balcony stateroom. Includes savings of up to $2,000 per couple*.
Viking’s two new expedition vessels, Viking Octanis and Viking Polaris can each accommodate 378 guests in 189 staterooms. Purpose-built for expeditions, Octanis and Polaris are ideal and comfortable for exploring remote destinations.
With more indoor and outdoor viewing areas than other expedition vessels, guests are able to get s close as possible to some of the world’s most magnificent scenery. There is an outdoor lounge area with heated seating and lava rock firepits, allowing guests to enjoy alfresco comforts and dramatic scenery.
The ship’s Explorers’ Lounge with floor-to-ceiling windows is a great meeting place for guests to share stories about their day while enjoying a drink. Viking also has 36 expedition experts on every expedition journey so that guests can learn from daily briefings and lectures about the destinations they are about to visit. The team includes specialists in ornithology, geology and predator biology.
Viking has also just released its 2022-2024 Expeditions brochure.
For more information visit viking.com or contact Viking at 138 747.