P&O Cruises Australia has cancelled its 2022 homeporting season for Adelaide, Fremantle and Cairns.
This means all scheduled sailings out of these cities in the first half of 2022 are cancelled. P&O is also cancelling any cruises scheduled to call in Papua New Guinea until October 2022.
Carnival has also been forced to cancel additional Australian sailings due to the ongoing Australian cruise ban. All Carnival Splendor voyages are cancelled until March 4, 2022 and Carnival Spirit until March 6, 2022.
P&O Cruises Australia President Sture Myrmell said: “We are naturally disappointed our guests in Adelaide, Fremantle and Cairns will be unable to cruise from their doorstep until 2023. However, they are all extremely popular ports of call for ships on coastal or around mainland Australia itineraries and will benefit from a resumption in cruising when approved by governments.”
Mr Myrmell says P&O will continue to play its role in advocating for the government to provide a pathway for cruises return.
“With more than 80 per cent of Australia’s adult population fully vaccinated, society is rapidly re-opening and travel is progressively resuming. There is a need for governments to engage with the cruise sector on a pathway for the staged resumption of domestic cruising.”
Guests whose bookings have been affected will be notified directly or via their travel agent.
- Adelaide cruises scheduled to depart from 18 February, 2022 to 28 March, 2022. The next homeporting season is scheduled for February 2023.
- Fremantle: cruises scheduled to depart from 2 April, 2022 to 25 April, 2022. The next homeporting season is scheduled for April 2023.
- Fremantle to Singapore cruise scheduled to depart 25 April, 2022 is also cancelled.
- Cairns: cruises scheduled to depart from 2 June, 2022 to 29 June, 2022. The next homeporting season is scheduled for May 2023.
- The changes also mean the cruise due to re-position from Singapore to Cairns will be cancelled. The cruise was scheduled to depart Singapore on 19 May, 2022