Luxury line Silversea Cruises has opened its pre-sale bookings to Venetian Society members (past Silversea guests), while bookings open to the general public on October 1.
There are 191 stunning new voyages, which will set sail between summer 2020 and winter 2021 also including voyages on the line’s new Silver Moon.
The Silver Moon which will set sail on her inaugural voyage on August 6, 2020, will depart Trieste, Italy, for Civitavecchia on an 11-day cruise.
She will cruise in the Mediterranean for her maiden season, until November, when she will cross the Atlantic to Fort Lauderdale.
The line is also offering more expedition options including voyages to New Zealand’s sub-Antarctic islands and Australia’s Macquarie Island (all UNESCO World Heritage Sites) where guests can see vast colonies of penguins and thousands of seals; visit Churchill and Hudson Bay in Manitoba, Canada, which is the ‘polar bear capital of the world’ and the home of world’s largest beluga whale population.
The Silver Cloud and Silver Explorer will sail the Northwest and Northeast Passages, two of the most treacherous but bucket-list journeys where guests will see dozens of polar bears.
“We are excited to be launching our 2020/21 itineraries, offering guests more choice than ever before. This is an exciting time for Silversea as we continue to grow and unlock more destinations for our guests. Not only will our new ship, Silver Moon be setting sail in Europe in August 2020, but we have also announced new and improved Arctic and Antarctic itineraries, as well as overnights on all voyages over seven nights in Europe and Canada,” said Adam Armstrong, Managing Director of Silversea in Australia and New Zealand.
“Closer to home, we have added a number of new destinations allowing guests the opportunity to go deeper in their travel experience which will be particularly appealing to guests from Australia and New Zealand. Silver Explorer will make her first visit to UNESCO World heritage sites such as the rarely-visited New Zealand sub-Antarctic islands, Macquarie Island and the Ross Sea in December 2020 to February 2021, providing exciting options for exploration and discovery and taking guests closer to spectacular and distinctive fauna than ever before. She will also offer a selection of voyages to the remote and idyllic South Pacific islands in 2020, and is the perfect platform to experience this stunning region which is brimming with colour and culture.”
There will be more overnights than ever before so guests can get immersed in the destinations.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Departing June 29 from Reykjavik, Silver Windwill circumnavigate the island on a 9-day voyage. Other sample itineraries in Iceland include London to Reykjavik via Ireland and Reykjavik to London via Norway.
- The Silver Muse, will spend a full summer deployed in Alaska in 2020.
- Silversea will return to the Canary Islands on two voyages, and Istanbul on two different itineraries.
- New for 2020, every voyage over seven nights in Europe and Canada & New England will have an overnight call in selected ports.
- The cruise line will make maiden calls in El Hierro, Spain; Fishguard, Whales; Nordfjordeid, Norway; Siglufjörður, Iceland; Durres, Albania; Klaksvik, Faroe Islands; and Patreksfjordur, Iceland