Just a few short months after cruising finally returned to Australia, the Pacific Encounter arrived into Sydney Harbour this morning to a welcome party of water jets and a ‘hero tug’ salute.
“We are very proud to welcome Pacific Encounter to begin her P&O Cruises cruising career to offer our guests fantastic and memorable cruise experiences,” said President of Carnival Australia and P&O Cruises Australia Marguerite Fitzgerald.
“It is very exciting to see the rebuilding of cruise tourism in Australia and its economic benefits as we look forward to its revival in the wider Pacific region along with a near-normal summer cruise season here.
The second P&O ship to return to Australia in 2022, the 2600-passenger Pacific Encounter features many of the line’s signatures such as Luke’s Bar & Grill by Luke Mangan and 400 Gradi by Johnny di Francesco, an award-winning Melbourne chef.
Complete with a pool, spas and a relaxing seating area, the all-new Byron Beach Club private retreat is also on board.
“It is fitting that with its heritage of 90 years of cruising from Australia, home-grown cruise line, P&O Cruises Australia, is leading the renaissance of cruising in this region.”
Here are 8 things you need to know about the Pacific Encounter:
- Pacific Encounter have capacity for 2,600 guests
- She’ll have a special new section called the Byron Beach Club, exclusive suite or mini-suite guests. The private retreat features a pool, spas and comfy seating
- Guests of this area will get priority embarkation and disembarkation dining reservations, shore tours
- There are new celebrity chef dining venues – Luke’s Bar & Grill by Luke Mangan and 400 Gradi by award-winning Melbourne chef, Johnny di Francesco.
- For some other dining options and water holes, familiar favourites include Waterfront, Angelo’s, Dragon Lady, and Shell & Bones or go casual in The Pantry.
- Head to the child-free Oasis for a cocktail and a perfect view of the ship’s wake or the chilled-out vibe in the Ocean Bar.
- Families will love the dedicated indoor/outdoor family area with a pool, family focussed fun, games, parties and activities.
- The Twin Racer Waterslides will be coming to Pacific Encounter on 23 March 2023.