Boutique, upmarket ocean line, Azamara has broaden its offering of signature AzAmazing Evenings to mark the company’s launch of the immersive events 10 years ago.
Azamara unveiled exclusive, new AzAmazing events across the world this year ranging from Arabian dancers on the lawns of the luxurious Ayla Golf Resort in Aqaba, Jordan to performances by James Morrison and his jazz band at the historical Adelaide Oval.
These complimentary and exclusive AzAmazing evenings feature local, authentic performances hosted in historic venues such as Ephesus in Kusadasi, Turkey and St George’s Hall in Liverpool, England.
This year, guests will be able to dive deeper into local life as they walk, talk and eat alongside locals, discovering the path less travelled by others and uncovering new destinations and experiences.
“As we continue to grow and expand, we are pleased to share more intimate experiences for our guests through our expanded and expertly curated AzAmazing programming that makes our voyages truly unforgettable,” says Carol Cabezas, President of Azamara.
In addition, guests are also able to enjoy these enhanced experiences onboard the ship, bringing to life the local people and culture.
This ensures that the “destination immersion experience” never stops, said the line.
Azamara has a fleet of four ships accommodating a total of 700 guests across 350 staterooms. Its latest addition is Azamara Onward which joined Azamara Journey, Azamara Quest and Azamara Pursuit. They are all able to cruise to marquee ports around the world and dock in smaller, hidden gem destinations. Azamara is committed to creating more immersive experiences through longer stays, more overnights and night touring of various unique destinations of the world.
Highlights of Azamara’s new AzAmazing events in 2023
Arabian nights in Aqaba, Jordan
- Guests can immerse themselves in Jordanian heritage and culture under a star-studded evening on the lawns of the luxurious Ayla Golf Resort while the Professional Hail Group dancers perform Arabian dances in celebration of life.
Day of dancing in Mahon, Mallorca, Spain
- Kick off this AzAmazing evening with a cocktail, followed by a tour of the historic fortress La Mola and sampling of local delicacies with a equestrian show.
African inspired evening in Durban, South Africa
- Guests can discover the culture of the South African Zulu tribe, the largest ethnic group during a riveting performance at the Station auditorium with singing, dancing, storytelling and rhythmic movements. Drinks and canapes are served.
Day in Cinque Terre, Portovenere, Italy
- This event starts with a Portovenere buffet with local favourites and live musical entertainment. Guests can then explore this charming destination, wandering down picturesque lanes to find the famous Church of San Pietro at the top of the rocky headland with breathtaking coastal views.
An evening at Adelaide Oval, Australia
- The historical Adelaide Oval will welcome guests with drinks and entertainment by students from James Morrison’s Academy of music school. The evening will close with a performance by the celebrated James Morrison and his jazz ensemble band with the Adelaide Cathedral as a backdrop.
Carnaval de Barranquilla, Cartegena, Colombia
- This is Colombia’s most significant and largest carnival celebrations in the world. Carnival de Barranquilla gets guests to immerse themselves in the spirit of Cartegena’s celebration of the famed Teatro performances
For more information visit www.azamara.com.