To commemorate Anzac Day tomorrow, P&O Cruises’ corporate executive chef, Uwe Stiefel, has shared his recipe for the crunchy and much-loved Anzac Biscuits, or in Uwe’s case, he calls it Anzac Cookies.
Here are the ingredients you need
150g plain flour
90g rolled oats
85g desiccated coconut
155g brown sugar
2tbs golden syrup
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl. Stir in the oats, coconut and brown sugar.
- Put the butter, golden syrup and 2 tbs water in a small saucepan. Stir over a medium heat until melted. Stir in the bicarbonate of soda.
- Pour the butter mixture into the flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place on the trays, about 5cm apart.
- Press with a fork to flatten slightly. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Set aside on the trays for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack so it cools completely
Happy Baking. Happy Munching.
Find out how to pick the best cabin in Cruise Passenger’s world-first Video Cruise Guide
We’ve made choosing your next cruise easy with a guide that cuts through the complications and tells you what lines are offering, where they can take you and what’s on board.