To commemorate Anzac Day tomorrow, P&O Cruises’ corporate executive chef, Uwe Stiefel, has shared his recipe for the crunchy and much-loved Anzac Biscuits, or in Uwe’s case, he calls it Anzac Cookies.
Here are the ingredients you need
150g plain flour
90g rolled oats
85g desiccated coconut
155g brown sugar
2tbs golden syrup
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl. Stir in the oats, coconut and brown sugar.
- Put the butter, golden syrup and 2 tbs water in a small saucepan. Stir over a medium heat until melted. Stir in the bicarbonate of soda.
- Pour the butter mixture into the flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place on the trays, about 5cm apart.
- Press with a fork to flatten slightly. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Set aside on the trays for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack so it cools completely
Happy Baking. Happy Munching.
Settle in for a luxury voyage as you sail from Sydney to Singapore on board Cunard’s elegant Queen Elizabeth.
Free flight and hotel stay
In Sydney, you’ll embark the exquisite Queen Elizabeth. Stunning accommodation and the most exceptional fine dining you’ll ever experience at sea are just some of this ship’s glamorous delights. Settle into your luxury surroundings as you set sail for Singapore, discovering a wealth of captivating destinations along the way.