Great deals, fabulous experiences and the chance to enjoy our own backyard – what’s not to love about an Australian holiday now the borders are reopening.
Here are our five rules of the road:
1. You’ll get a shock when you try and take out insurance if you’re planning to go further afield. Many big companies are refusing to issue policies during the pandemic. So shop around if you’re concerned enough and your break is going to cost a lot. check out credit card insurance as well.
3. Use hotel chains. Many have bargains for bookings right now, and offering the chance to book along a route. if your driving to Melbourne or Brisbane (once the border opens, hopefully on July 10) you might want to stop along the way.
5. Take your hand sanitisers and wipes for the trip, and continue social distancing. We know we are the Lucky Country as far as the virus is concerned, but there are still a few outbreaks and you don’t want to let your guard down.
And here’s how to support local
- Do buy lots of local produce – local farmers have been doing it tough, and a bag full of fresh veggies will work wonders on local economies.
- Do eat out – those restaurants have their backs against the wall, and those in small towns are an important employer.
- Search for souvenirs – every little helps when you’re a small business.
- Tell your friends – if you find a great experience, pass it on on our website, Tripadviser or local sites. If someone has given you good service, say so.
Now get out there and spread the dollars…and the love!
Settle in for a luxury voyage as you sail from Sydney to Singapore on board Cunard’s elegant Queen Elizabeth.
Free flight and hotel stay
In Sydney, you’ll embark the exquisite Queen Elizabeth. Stunning accommodation and the most exceptional fine dining you’ll ever experience at sea are just some of this ship’s glamorous delights. Settle into your luxury surroundings as you set sail for Singapore, discovering a wealth of captivating destinations along the way.