The rebranded Coral Expeditions will become the first small ship to cruise Tasmania’s remote coastlines when it launches its new itinerary in November this year.
The company, founded by Tony Briggs in Cairns 32 years ago, was recently taken over by Kallang Capital Holdings, a Singapore investment company that now controls 90 per cent of its shares, with Mr Briggs retaining the remaining 10 per cent.
But the company will continue to forge ahead with its pioneering spirit when it launches the first seven-night itinerary to Tasmania with specialist guest lecturers, expedition guides and Tasmania Parks and Wildlife rangers onboard, kicking off from November 16 to February 29 next year.
“Coral Expeditions was the first cruise company to launch in the South Pacific, the Kimberleys, the Great Barrier Reef and Papua New Guinea. Now we will be the first to venture to Tasmania,” General Manager Mark Fifield said.
“We are a four-star ship offering modern and comfortable accommodation, with fresh seafood and produce sourced locally.
“Our cruises are all about expeditions and getting our passengers to explore and experience new places, interact with our guest lecturers and expert guides onboard, in a relaxed atmosphere.”
The ship, Coral Expeditions l, can accommodate 46 passengers. It will have its own fleet of kayaks and inflatable Zodiacs to take passengers to remote places such as Port Davey.
“The only way to reach Port Davey is to trek for seven days or by seaplane,” said Mr Fifield. “At Port Arthur we will have access to buildings that have never been available to other visitors before.”
Prices start at $3990 per person.
Settle in for a luxury voyage as you sail from Sydney to Singapore on board Cunard’s elegant Queen Elizabeth.
Free flight and hotel stay
In Sydney, you’ll embark the exquisite Queen Elizabeth. Stunning accommodation and the most exceptional fine dining you’ll ever experience at sea are just some of this ship’s glamorous delights. Settle into your luxury surroundings as you set sail for Singapore, discovering a wealth of captivating destinations along the way.