Royal Caribbean’s Rhapsody of the Seas came through the entrance and into Sydney Harbour at the crack of dawn to kick off her final Australian season today.
She, along with sister ship Radiance of the Seas and the revitalised Voyager of the Seas will sail out of Sydney this season, between October 2014 and April 2015.
Rhapsody was the first Royal Caribbean ship to be based out of Australia when she was first home ported in 2007.
Despite her popularity amongst Australian cruisers, the line said the 2,435-passenger ship would not return for the 2015/16-summer period. Instead, second and larger Voyager-class vessel, Explorer of the Seas, will join the Australian fleet to add capacity from Sydney.
The line is arranging a farewell for the ship, a spokesperson told Cruise Passenger. Plans will be released closer to the end of the season.
Royal Caribbean International commercial director Sean Treacy said Rhapsody helped shape Australia’s cruise industry.
“Not only was she the largest ship based here, she offered onboard features never seen before on local waters, like Australia’s first rock-climbing wall at sea,” he said.
During her last season Rhapsody will sail a range of two- to- 18-night Australia, New Zealand, South Pacific and Asia cruises.
Six spots on Rhapsody you’ll love:
– Sit under the stars and enjoy a movie on the big screen outdoor movie screen.
– You don’t need to be an adventurer to try out the rock-climbing wall.
– Facial treatment, acupuncture, a massage or how about some botox? The Vitality Spa is one of the most relaxing spots onboard.
– Time warp back to the 1960s in the throwback R Bar. The venue has iconic furnishing and signature cocktails will make you feel like you’re in an episode of Mad Men.
– Treat yourself with an ice cream from the Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream shop.
– Be sure to catch onboard entertainers during their mini-circus show. Your jaw will drop during the aerial spectacles.
Settle in for a luxury voyage as you sail from Sydney to Singapore on board Cunard’s elegant Queen Elizabeth.
Free flight and hotel stay
In Sydney, you’ll embark the exquisite Queen Elizabeth. Stunning accommodation and the most exceptional fine dining you’ll ever experience at sea are just some of this ship’s glamorous delights. Settle into your luxury surroundings as you set sail for Singapore, discovering a wealth of captivating destinations along the way.