A rare moment happened last week when two Silversea ships met up in Wilhelmina Bay in Antarctica.
Guests on board Silver Cloud and Silver Whisper would no doubt have been eyeing each other off over the icy waters, as each of the ships, from the same line, arrived simultaneously.
Passengers on board the ultra-luxury Silver Whisper would have been proud in more ways that one, as their arrival marked the first-ever ship to visit Antarctica as part of a World Cruise.
“The meeting of Silver Cloud and Silver Whisper in Antarctica is truly an incredible moment for Silversea Cruises,” said Conrad Combrink, Silversea’s Senior Vice President of Expeditions and Experiences Development.
“It signifies the range of experiences on offer with our cruise line: whether travelling on the first-ever seven-continent World Cruise or journeying deep into the White Continent on the most luxurious ice-class ship afloat, our guests can enjoy a wealth of unforgettable experiences in ultimate comfort.”
The Silver Whisper world cruise:
The Silver Whisper began the seven-continent ‘Legends of Cruising’ on 6 January this year, with guests spending four days exploring the Antarctic Peninsula between 4 February and 7 February.
During the Antarctica experience, guests enjoyed immersive expedition activities, including expert-led Zodiac tours and shore excursions, plus onboard lectures and workshops from the ship’s Expedition Team.
In the warmer months guests travel deeper into Antarctica, viewing the glaciers and geothermal beaches, and sighting the local wildlife.
How you can join the Silver Whisper world cruise:
Starting in December 2021, Silversea is launching a new itinerary for the region with its Antarctica Bridge—an ultra-luxe fly-cruise service that flies guests over the Drake Passage in business-class comfort, taking roughly two hours each way.
The‘Uncharted World Tour’—the first-ever Expedition World Cruise will departing from Ushuaia, Argentina, on 30 January 2021.
This 167-day itinerary will include an exploration of the Antarctic Peninsula and the South Shetland Islands, before continuing to the South Pacific, Australia, Indonesia, the Mediterranean, Northern Europe and the Norwegian Arctic.
How you can join the Silver Cloud world cruise:
Silversea Cruises opened sales today on the Grand Voyage Arctic 2021—a 51-port itinerary that will journey through Alaska over 63 nights.
Guests will travel to seven countries to view glaciers, wildlife, and remote communities, while also crossing the fabled Northwest Passage and enjoying two maiden calls in Norway.
Silversea’s team of Expedition Experts provide lectures, Zodiac tours, and shore activities with guest speakers, bespoke events, and onboard enrichments.
The itinerary begins 16 July and ends 17 September 2021, onboard the Silver Cloud.
As the most luxurious ship in expedition cruising, Silver Cloud offers ocean-view suites, regionally sourced cuisine and personal butlers. All-inclusive amenities such as complimentary premium wines and spirits, speciality coffees, bottled water, juices and soft drinks are served throughout the ship.
- 51 ports
- Seven countries
- Two maiden calls
For guests on the full Grand Voyage, Silversea has designed a selection of unique events:
- Private charter flights to the Eureka Research Station, crossing the 80th parallel
- Greenland Ice Cap by helicopter, before landing on a glacier with a Glaciologist
- Scenic helicopter ride and traditional husky sled ride atop a glacier
In addition to Silversea’s multinational, renowned Expedition Staff, Silver Cloud’s epic Grand Voyage will feature the following guest speakers:
- Lewis Pugh: A record-breaking swimmer who has pioneered distance swims around the world.
- Ann Daniels: The leader of the first all-female team to ski to both Poles.
- Tobias Thorleifsson: An esteemed Polar explorer and lecturer.
- Dr. Chadden Hunter: A celebrated Director and Producer, Hunter has worked on some of the best-known natural history series ever made.
- Thomas Nilsen: Thomas Nilsen is Editor of the Barents Observer, the northernmost English language newspaper in the world.
- Mike Stevens: An experienced musician with a humanitarian focus.
- Margaret Bertulli: The former Arctic Archaeologist with the Prince of Wales Northern Heritage Centre and a Senior Archaeologist with Parks Canada.
Fares for the Grand Voyage Arctic 2021 start from $119,000 per person—based on double occupancy in a Vista Suite and include an Early Booking Bonus.
Guests travelling aboard Silver Cloud for the Grand Voyage Arctic 2021 will benefit from the following inclusions:
– Roundtrip economy-class air
– $1,486 onboard credit (per guest)
– Exclusive shoreside events
– Overnight accommodation (pre-voyage)
– All Zodiac excursions and activities ashore
– Transfers (between airport/hotel and ship)
– Luggage service
– Complimentary laundry service
– Visa package
– Special commemorative expedition gear
– Medical service
– Complimentary Wi-Fi
Win a month’s supply of groceries
Answer one simple question for the chance to win a Woolworths gift voucher to the value of $395 – a month’s worth of food costs for one person, according to recent census data. Brought to you by Together Australia, a campaign to bring affordable financial advice to everyone.