|TV personality and UK chef, Jamie Oliver will open his first restaurant at sea aboard Royal Caribbean’s forthcoming ship, Quantum of the Seas.The partnership was made off the back of Royal Caribbean’s new ‘Dynamic Dining’ initiative, which gives cruisers more dining options.Jamie’s Italian will open its doors on 4,180-passenger Quantum of the Seas at her inauguration in November this year. It will also be included on board the second Quantum ship, Anthem of the Seas when she launches in April next year.The restaurant will feature authentic Italian dishes including handmade Antipasti Planks, sardine bruschetta, pastas and lamb.Jamie said ambiance at the restaurant will be very modern and casual.
“It will great service and great food with an energy that is not uptight and a modern expression of Italian food,” he explained.
Vice president of operations Lisa Lutoff-Perlo said it was a perfect partnership.
“With Jamie’s Italian creating unique, but approachable dining, with food that is at its freshest and ethically sourced, we are able to guarantee that guests will only be served the freshest Italian dishes possible while on a cruise holiday with Royal Caribbean,” she said.
“This is just one element of a reimagined dining concept to ensure the options we have on board reflect what today’s modern family expects from their holiday.”
Jamie’s Italian is one of 18 restaurants that will be on board Quantum-class ships including five new and ‘Dynamic’ main dining room options.
Guests will be able to book their spot at dinner through a new reservation system that allows them to choose when, where and with whom to dine.
Reservations can be made before or during the cruise.
“We believe our guests will especially appreciate the array of experiences, the selections of foods and extent of choices in our complimentary, full service restaurants,” Lisa said.
The five main dining room options include:
- American Icon Grill, a take on the classic American road trip, pulling together best-loved regional favourites into one comfort-style menu.
- Chic, where the height of contemporary cuisine is realized and the freshest ingredients, such as proteins that pack a punch and sauces made from scratch, are evolved for a modern palate.
- Silk, a vibrant and exotic destination where the spices of the Far East bring new flavour to adventurous palates through a Pan-Asian menu.
- The Grande, a luxuriant nod to a bygone era of classic European ocean liners when dining was a time-honoured ritual, featuring timeless dishes, and where every night is formal night.
- Coastal Kitchen, a concept created exclusively for suite guests, fusing Mediterranean influences with the unmatched riches of California’s bountiful farmlands.
The Quantum-class ships will also feature new specialty dining options at an extra charge, including Wonderland – where Royal Caribbean chefs twist their culinary kaleidoscopes to invent a dreamscape of never-before-seen fare; Michael’s Genuine Pub – offering simply-prepared food and drinks created by chef Michael Schwartz; Devinly Decadence at Solarium Bistro – serving the foods you love under five-hundred calories; and Jamie’s Italian.
Quantum ships other restaurants include versions of Chops Grille steakhouse, Izumi Japanese Cuisine and Chef’s Table.
Settle in for a luxury voyage as you sail from Sydney to Singapore on board Cunard’s elegant Queen Elizabeth.
Free flight and hotel stay
In Sydney, you’ll embark the exquisite Queen Elizabeth. Stunning accommodation and the most exceptional fine dining you’ll ever experience at sea are just some of this ship’s glamorous delights. Settle into your luxury surroundings as you set sail for Singapore, discovering a wealth of captivating destinations along the way.