Crystal Cruises’ ‘You Care, We Care’ voluntourism program, introduced this year, gives cruise guests the opportunity to take excursions to aid projects where they can give their time to help local communities and wildlife.
The cruise line has recently introduced another eight volunteer excursions to aid projects in Italy, Greece, Croatia, Israel, the Canary Islands and southern California:
– Luigi Scotto Foundation (Livorno, Italy): A home for the disabled.
– Leket Israel (Ashod, Israeil): The country’s largest food bank and food rescue network.
– The Smile of a Child (Navplion, Greece): Communal homes that care for abused, ill or abandoned children.
– Martha III and II (Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain): Residential centres caring for developmentally challenged kids and adults.
– Backyard Bounty (Santa Barbara, CA, USA): Orchards with produce that is used to feed the hungry.
– Sea Turtle Rescue Centre (Athens, Greece): A centre that nurtures injured turtles.
– Domus Christi (Dubrovnik, Croatia): A shelter for the aged.
Would you be interested in participating in any of these excursions?
Find out how to pick the best cabin in Cruise Passenger’s world-first Video Cruise Guide
We’ve made choosing your next cruise easy with a guide that cuts through the complications and tells you what lines are offering, where they can take you and what’s on board.