Australian cruisers have a sweet tooth and P&O Cruises Australia has got numbers to prove it.
P&O Australia Chocolate Fast Facts
1. Approximately 22,000 kilograms of chocolate is used every year across its five-ship fleet
2. More than half a million portions of chocolate dipped chantilly profiteroles with peach sauce and chocolate and rhubarb creme brûlée are served every year
3. Around 450,000 portions of delectable creamy chocolate mud cake with strawberry compote are consumed by guests every year
4. 400,000 servings of the Grand Marnier tarte are consumed every year
5. Freshly baked 350,000 chocolate chip cookies are served every at P&O’s Charlie Bar
6. 500,000 chocolate croissants are served for breakfast in the Plantation Restaurants and The Pantry.
Sugar rush in specialty restaurants
Luke Mangan’s Salt Grill is loved by P&O cruisers, and the most popular dessert is gooey chocolate tart with banana, caramel ice cream and honeycomb, with 27,000 portions served each year across the fleet.
The Asian restaurant Dragon Lady aboard P&O Cruises’ latest ships Pacific Aria and Pacific Eden, is estimated to serve 35,000 portions of its salted 70 per cent dark chocolate cake with white and black sesame seed ice cream and candied pear this year.
P&O’s Valentine Weekend Celebration
P&O Cruises Pacific Pearl, Pacific Jewel, Pacific Dawn, Pacific Aria and Pacific Eden, celebrated the Valentine weekend with grand chocolate creations.
On the menu were themed cocktails, chocolate-pink combination desserts, pastries and baked goods available across the cruise line’s five ship fleet. Each ship created a special Valentine’s Day cake which was displayed at the Waterfront Restaurant.
P&O Cruises Australia’s Corporate Executive Chef Uwe Stiefel said Australian cruisers loved chocolate truly, madly and deeply all year round. “There are a lot of chocolate desserts, pastries and bakery products on our menus and they are always in demand,” Chef Stiefel said. While most of chocolate is used in dessert and pastry products, the bar staff also uses chocolate for cocktails.
Settle in for a luxury voyage as you sail from Sydney to Singapore on board Cunard’s elegant Queen Elizabeth.
Free flight and hotel stay
In Sydney, you’ll embark the exquisite Queen Elizabeth. Stunning accommodation and the most exceptional fine dining you’ll ever experience at sea are just some of this ship’s glamorous delights. Settle into your luxury surroundings as you set sail for Singapore, discovering a wealth of captivating destinations along the way.